Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Reading and reviewing books.............

I have been catching up on my reading since we got back.  I had three books to read and review.  All were good in very different ways.

The first All Saints was about the Karen people from Burma who came to live in Tennessee and how they helped revive The All Saints church in a small community.  Very interesting and I learned something new.  You can read my review here.
The second book I reviewed was Gracelaced and you can read my review here.  What attracted me to this book was the artwork and photography, as it is gorgeous.  However once you start reading the book it's words make you think and reflect and that in itself is just as lovely.  Ruth Chou Simmons, has a lovely website and blog with many other things on it and it is well worth a look: Gracelaced  I would love to have some of her art work hanging on our home walls.
The last book I read was a Lauraine Snelling book.  I enjoy her books and did enjoy the detail of day to day life in this book.  This was a book about Norwegians emigrating to America and the hardships they endured.  You can read my review here.

I do try to read at least two books a month.  I don't review them all; although I know I should.  Not sure about you but I tend to go through phases of reading about one particular subject all the time, then never pick up that subject for ages?

All the books I reviewed here are from a company called Graff Martin and I have been reviewing for them for a number of years now.

Are you a reader?  I have another blog specifically for reviewing books: That British Woman's Book Review Blog; please feel free to check it out. Thanks 😊😊😊😊

2 comments:

Fishcake_random said...

I quite like the sound of the 3rd one. I might make it an addition to my birthday wish list.

William Kendall said...

Thanks for pointing these out!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...